Born Elta Danneel Graul she uses the stage name Danneel Harris and Ackles following her marriage. In 2005, she became part of the WB/CW drama One Tree Hill, which is by far the biggest break in her career. Danneel joined the cast of One Life to Live on March 2, 2004, in the role of Shannon McBain. The outspoken teen joins cousins John (Michael Easton) and Dr. Michael McBain (Nathaniel Marston) in Llanview.
Before she landed her first acting role, Harris worked as a model with such companies as Big Sexy Hair and Juicy Jeans. The independent film Clown Anna marks her first major acting role. Her other credits include the WB 's What I Like About You, guest appearance on Mad TV and a supporting role in the indie Rule Number One (2005). Harris is skilled in gymnastics and her musical talents include playing the piano and singing. She relocated to New York for her role on One Life To Live.
She married actor Jensen Ackles on May 15, 2010. Harris and husband welcomed their first child, Justice Jay "JJ" Ackles on May 30, 2013. Then on December 2, 2016 they welcomed twins Arrow Rhodes Ackles and Zeppelin Bram Ackles.
- She was named after her great-grandmother.
- She's a skilled gymnast, and her musical talents include playing the piano and singing.
- Ranked #62 in Maxim's "Hot 100" list for 2007.
- Worked as a model for such companies as Big Sexy Hair and Juicy Jeans before she landed her first acting role.
- She is nicknamed Elmo by the cast and crew of "One Tree Hill" (2003).
- Very good friends with her "One Tree Hill" co-stars Sophia Bush, Hilarie Burton, Elizabeth Harnois and Bevin Prince.
- Was in Ten Inch Hero (2007) with her "One Tree Hill" (2003) co-star Elisabeth Harnois and her now-husband Jensen Ackles.
- Ranked #45 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Has a dog together with her husband Jensen Ackles. It's a so-called cockapoo named Icarus.
- "One Tree Hill" costars Hilarie Burton and Bevin Prince were bridesmaids and costar Elisabeth Harnois was the maid of honor at her wedding.
- Harris and husband Jensen Ackles welcomed their first child 2 weeks after their 3rd wedding anniversary.