|S7 ←||One Tree Hill Season 8||S9 →|
|#01||"Asleep At Heaven's Gate"||#09||"Between Raising Hell And Amazing Grace"||#17||"The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get"|
|#02||"I Can't See You, But I Know You're There"||#10||"Lists, Plans"||#18||"Quiet Little Voices"|
|#03||"The Space In Between"||#11||"Darkness On The Edge Of Town"||#19||"Where Not To Look For Freedom"|
|#04||"We All Fall Down"||#12||"The Drinks We Drank Last Night"||#20||"The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul"|
|#05||"Nobody Taught Us To Quit"||#13||"The Other Half Of Me"||#21||"Flightless Bird, American Mouth"|
|#06||"Not Afraid"||#14||"Holding Out For A Hero"||#22||"This Is My House, This Is My Home"|
|#07||"Luck Be A Lady"||#15||"Valentine's Day Is Over"|
|#08||"Mouthful Of Diamonds"||#16||"I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here"|
"Mouthful of Diamonds" is the eighth episode of the eighth season of One Tree Hill and the 160th produced episode of the series. It was broadcast on November 9, 2010. Nathan's career as an agent takes a big step forward when he visits Atlanta, while Haley consoles Jamie regarding his new braces. The drama between Brooke and Sylvia finally comes to a head, and Chase makes a decision regarding Mia and Alex.
Clay finally gets hand muscle control back. As he predicted, Nathan had no reason to be gloomy about his first contract, football talent Troy, which is signed to all parties' satisfaction. Julian and Brooke stand up to his mother, who has to back down on the fancy wedding plans but relapses into drinking. After some occupational therapy for Mouth and himself, Chase handles his Alex-Mia- dilemma. In Nathan's absence, Jamie finds it even harder to face the peril of peer ridicule for getting braces, which Haley only compounds by wearing a 'commiserative' eye-patch
"I feel like people get lost when they think of happiness as a destination. We're always thinking that someday we'll be happy, when we get that car, or that job, or that person in our lives that will fix everything. But happiness is a mood and it's a condition, not a destination. It's like being tired or hungry. It's not permanent. It comes and goes, and that's okay. And I feel like if people thought of it that way, they'd find happiness a lot more often."
- - Julian Baker
"Yes! Suck it, soup!"
- -Clay Evans
- Be Still My Heart by Peter Bradley Adams
- Can't Be Love by Laura Izibor
- Crooked Lust by Bowerbirds
- Everybody's Wrong Sometimes by Laura Izibor
- Ides of March by Lex Land
- People in the Hole by Catherine Feeny
- Roll Over Me by The Autumn Film
- Take it All in by Trent Dabbs
- Tangled Up by Gareth Dunlop
- Times Move Slow by Aqualung
- With Me Tonight by Ellery
- Although credited, Shantel VanSanten (Quinn), Jana Kramer (Alex) and Lisa Goldstein (Millie) do not appear in this episode.
- Brooke throws water balloons off the roof of Clothes Over Bros and tells Julian how Peyton did the same thing when she was upset. ("What Comes After the Blues?")