|S7 ←||One Tree Hill Season 8||S9 →|
|#01||"Asleep At Heaven's Gate"||#09||"Between Raising Hell And Amazing Grace"||#17||"The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get"|
|#02||"I Can't See You, But I Know You're There"||#10||"Lists, Plans"||#18||"Quiet Little Voices"|
|#03||"The Space In Between"||#11||"Darkness On The Edge Of Town"||#19||"Where Not To Look For Freedom"|
|#04||"We All Fall Down"||#12||"The Drinks We Drank Last Night"||#20||"The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul"|
|#05||"Nobody Taught Us To Quit"||#13||"The Other Half Of Me"||#21||"Flightless Bird, American Mouth"|
|#06||"Not Afraid"||#14||"Holding Out For A Hero"||#22||"This Is My House, This Is My Home"|
|#07||"Luck Be A Lady"||#15||"Valentine's Day Is Over"|
|#08||"Mouthful Of Diamonds"||#16||"I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here"|
"The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul" is the twentieth episode of the eighth season of One Tree Hill and the 172nd episode produced in the series. It was broadcast on May 3, 2011. As Nathan, Julian and Clay coach Jamie's first little league game, the situation regarding the accident comes to a head. Meanwhile, Chase asks Alex to take a drug test for him, and Quinn gets an offer to shoot in Puerto Rico.
This episode starts out with Jamie Scott's first baseball game. Ian stands on the college baseball field, his face covered in bruises and cuts. All the kids stand in respect with their caps on their shoulders before they start playing. Julian announces to the kids before the match that he will be leaving Tree Hill to New York but the kids do not even listen to him. Nathan finds out that the bottle in the back of the car that hit Brooke and Jamie was drunk by Ian Kellerman as it was his favorite kind. Over the course of the episode, we learn that Professor Kellerman was not the one to hit Brooke and Jamie on the bridge, but it was his son, Ian Kellerman. Professor Kellerman lies for Ian. Nathan, Julian, and Clay meet Ian on the bridge, ending with Clay knocking him off the bridge, Julian drowning him, and Nathan punching him. Chase needs a drug test, but he is afraid to because he inhaled second hand weed from the Kid Cudi show, so he asks Alex. Chase gets a call from the doctor saying that the pee tested positive for pregnancy, which freaks him out because it's Alex's. Alex later tells Chase that the pee was Brooke's because she had some of Quinn's pot brownies, so she wasn't qualified. Brooke tells Julian she wants to stay in Tree Hill.
- "Hey, handsome."
- "I turned down the job."
- "New York? Why?"
- "When I was living there and running Clothes Over Bros, my office looked out on this building nearby, and on the rooftop was a playground where all the grade-school kids would have recess. And some days when things were crazy... which was most days. I'd look out and I'd watch those kids run around, and I'd think, "that's no way to play." I mean, I love New York, but living in constant fear of losing the kickball over the roof of your playground is kind of a rough way to grow up."
- "So you turned down the job because the schools have playgrounds on the roof?"
- "I turned down the job because I don't want our child to have a playground on the roof. Unless it's the roof of my store here in Tree Hill."
- "Okay, you're losing me."
- "Chase had to take a drug test, but a guy in Kid Cudi's posse made him take a hit of a joint, so he asked Alex to pee in a cup for him because she's sober. Except Alex isn't really sober because she accidently ate some of Quinn's pot brownies, so Alex came over to ask you, because her and Chase are getting closer, and she wanted to be the one to help him, but you weren't home, so Alex asked me. And the lab called Chase and said he's pregnant."
- "So Chase told Alex, and Alex told me, and I took a pregnancy test. We're pregnant."
- "Baby! I knew you could do it."
Jamie does most of the voiceovers for this episode.
- Casablanca by The Fast Romantics
- Civilian by Wye Oak
- Hard To Be by David Bazan
- Highlights From A Cold And Desperate Song by Hotel Eden
- Like Whatever You Want by Xzibit
- Maps Of Wars by Branches
- Mine Is Yours by Cold War Kids
- Perfect Kind Of Love by Kim DiVine
- Posture, Etc. by Say Hi
- Stone In My Heart by Graffiti6
- The Lightning Strike by Snow Patrol
- Although credited, Lee Norris (Mouth) and Lisa Goldstein (Millie) do not appear in this episode.
- The opposing players at Jamie's baseball game have the words "Davola's Pizza and Pasta" printed on the back of their jerseys. This is a possible reference to Joe Davola, an executive producer for the series.