Tyler James Hilton is an American singer-songwriter and actor. Hilton began his professional career in music in 2000. Rolling Stone Magazine compared him to his contemporary, Howie Day, while others have compared Hilton to Elton John, both vocally and instrumentally. Since the release of his debut album, Hilton has ventured into acting, guest starring on The CW's television show One Tree Hill as the talented but somewhat pompous Chris Keller, and playing the role of Elvis Presley in the Johnny Cash biopic Walk the Line, he also appeared in the music video of Taylor Swift's "Tear Drops on my Guitar" as Drew-her crush.
- Discovered by Los Angeles syndicated radio deejays Mark & Brian, when he called their show at age 16. Once invited to perform on their show, his career began on the fast track.
- Attended LaQuinta High School in LaQuinta, California, which at the time had a nationally renowned dramatic arts program.
- Graduated from La Quinta High School in La Quinta California in 2002
- Has one sibling, a sister, Brittany born in 1985.
- Appeared as "Danny Zucko" in "Grease" for BEST Productions at La Quinta High School. Also played "D'Artagnan" in the SCETA award winning production of "The Three Musketeers".
- He is good friends with singer/actor Jesse McCartney.
- He did a remake of Ryan Adams's song "When The Stars Go Blue" with his "One Tree Hill" (2003) costar Bethany Joy Lenz.
- Is close friends with his "One Tree Hill" (2003) costars Chad Michael Murray and Sophia Bush.
- No relation to Paris Hilton and the popular Hilton family known for their hotel chain.
- In 2005, was voted one of People Magazines's "Most Beautiful People".
- Was on People Magazine's list of the 50 Most Beautiful People in 2005.
- Waylon Payne and Joaquin Phoenix took him out on his 21st birthday.
- In high school, he used to perform in a coffee shop in La Quinta, California, called Just Java.
- Cites Elvis Presley as his biggest musical inspiration. He learned to play the guitar as a child by playing Elvis songs, and played his hero in Walk the Line (2005).
- His role in Charlie Bartlett (2007) was his first acting role where he did not sing or play guitar, however, he did act in a school play.
- Went to La Quinta High School with Aubrey O'Day of "Making the Band/Danity Kane" fame.
- In a relationship with "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" (2008) star Megan Park since 2008.